The arts and culture sector is facing one of its greatest challenges to date, with theatres and galleries closed due to Covid-19 restrictions our entire industry is on its knees. In order for there to be light, and art, at the end of the tunnel we must continue to invest in our artists.
Like magpies, we’ve nabbed links and information from e-shots, tweets and mailouts about funding opportunities for theatre artists. We’ve collated them here and will update opportunities as they come in. If you have a funding opportunity you’d like us to include, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love & Solidarity – the THISISPOPBABY team
- Dublin City Arts Office – Local Live Performance Programming Scheme 2021: Dublin City Council is seeking applications from all interested parties including Performing Artists, Promoters, Producers, Venues etc, who wish to receive support – both financial and logistical – for outdoor performance events whether in Parks or in the Public Domain in the Dublin City Council Administrative Area from July 1st to September 30th 2021. Information sessions to take place on zoom on 10 & 11 June. Closing Date 23 June. Full details HERE.
- Arts Council – Bursary Awards
- Applications are now open for the Arts Council Bursary Awards. These are designed to support professional artists to develop their art practice. It provides artists with the time and resources to think, research, reflect and critically engage with their art. Max. award €20,000. Closing Date 24 June. Full details HERE.
- Dublin Fringe Festival: Weft Studio
Weft Studio is a paid initiative for Black artists and artists of colour who want to make their own work on their own terms. Dublin Fringe are opening applications for a studio group of 14 artists to participate in a developmental workshop period, led by facilitator Dylan Coburn Gray, with interventions from international mentors. This workshop period will take place from July – December 2021. Closing Date 28 June. Full details HERE.
- The New Theatre New Writing Week – Submissions Open
- The New Theatre welcome script submissions for New Writing Development Week 2021. The are seeking new play writing voices for inclusion in a series of performed readings with professional actors, which will take place on The New Theatre stage in November/December. Closing Date 5 July. Full details HERE.
- Druid – Marie Mullen Bursary
- Applications are now open for the 2021 Marie Mullen Bursary. The bursary is open to female designers, directors and dramaturgs who have a proven commitment to Irish theatre and are currently residing on the island of Ireland. This award provides a theatre artist with the time, physical resources and mentoring necessary to support their work.Closing Date 7 July. Full details HERE.
- Arts Council – Agility Awards
Applications are now open for Arts Council Agility Awards. These are designed to support individual professional freelance artists and arts workers at any stage in their careers to do one or more of the following: Develop their work, practice or skills, or to create or present new work. Max. award €5,000. Closing Date 8 July. Full details HERE.
- Element Pictures NI Writers Award 2021
- Element Pictures (Normal People, The Favourite), BBC Writersroom and BBC Drama Commissioning are looking for the next generation of television writers who have bold and original stories to tell. Open to both emerging and established writers, this programme will offer the opportunity to develop an original series idea for BBC One, BBC Two or BBC Three with Element Pictures. Four writers will be chosen to write a treatment commission; from those four, one idea will then be developed into a full pilot script. Closing Date 8 July. Full details HERE.
- The Women’s Prize for Playwriting
The Women’s Prize for Playwriting is an open invitation to all writers who identify as female in the UK and Ireland to create vivid, exciting and brave new work for the stage. The writer of the script which is awarded the First Prize will receive £12,000 as a fee in respect of an exclusive option for Paines Plough and EKP to co-produce the winning script.
Closing Date 12 July. Full details HERE.
- Druid – New Writing Script Submissions
- Druid are accepting submissions of new writing scripts from now until 30 July. Playwrights who submit a script during the submission window will have their work read. For the open submission process, a reading panel assists the Artistic Director in assessing your play and ensures that a range of perspectives are brought to bear on each submission. Closing Date 30 July. Full details HERE.