The arts and culture sector is facing one of its greatest challenges to date, with theatres and galleries closed due to Covid-19 restrictions our entire industry is on its knees. In order for there to be light, and art, at the end of the tunnel we must continue to invest in our artists.
Like magpies, we’ve nabbed links and information from e-shots, tweets and mailouts about funding opportunities for theatre artists. We’ve collated them here and will update opportunities as they come in. If you have a funding opportunity you’d like us to include, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love & Solidarity – the THISISPOPBABY team
- Arts Council – Project Awards
- The Arts Council are now accepting submissions for Development and creation Project awards for new theatre works. Awards of up to €20,000. Closing Date 15 April. Full details HERE.
- Cork County Council – Residencies
- Cork County Council Library and Arts Service have a range of residencies available through application: Creative Producer, Historian, Filmmaker, and Writer in Residence. Closing Date 16 April. Full details HERE
- Dublin Port Company and axis Ballymun – Pumphouse Bursary
- Announcing the Pumphouse Bursary, for professional artists from the Greater Dublin area to develop work in response to, or that reflects the port area of the city. Bursary funding up to €6000 (panel may decide to offer 2 x bursaries valued at €3,000). Closing Date 23 April. Full details are HERE.
- Mayo County Council – Writer In Residence
This Residency is a partnership between Mayo County Council’s Arts Service, Mayo County Council’s Library Service and the Heinrich Böll Cottage Achill, with funding from Creative Ireland. The total budget of the Residency is €15,000 and this includes the writers fee, travel and accommodation costs and a programme budget. Closing Date 30 April. Full details are HERE.
- Dublin City Council – Incubation Space Award 2021 – 2022
- The Incubation Space Award is intended to enable innovative artists / arts companies / collectives – working in any artistic discipline – to research and develop new works or collaborative methodologies, over a period of up to six months, through the provision of a dedicated work-space in Unit 4, James Joyce Street. Closing Date 30 April. Full details are HERE.
- International Dublin Gay Theatre Festival – Bursaries
- To celebrate their 18th birthday, the International Dublin Gay Theatre Festival has announced five cash prizes for new Irish LGBTQ themed writing. Closing Date 3 May. Full details are HERE.
- Creative Ireland – Creative Climate Action Fund
- Creative Ireland is looking for proposals which can use creative and artistic approaches to transform connection and awareness into climate action and behaviour change. Awards of €30,000 to €200,000 available for projects which can run until the end of 2022. Closing Date 21 May. Full details HERE.
- ADI Arts and Disability Connect Scheme – Round One
- This scheme is designed to support individual artists with disabilities to be ambitious, develop their practice, and connect with arts organisations and arts professionals in Ireland. ADI are also running information sessions for potential applicants on 20 April, 27 April and 4 May. Closing Date 24 May. Full details HERE.