THISISPOPBABY is looking for dynamic, highly engaged Interns to work on WHERE WE LIVE 2018.
WHERE WE LIVE is presented by THISISPOPBABY with St. Patrick’s Festival in The Complex from 6-18 March 2018.
WHERE WE LIVE is a ferocious response to the theme of home. It’s a kaleidoscope of stories about what it feels like to live in Dublin and Ireland today, told by some of the best storytellers on the island.
Featuring plays from Mark O’Halloran, Oonagh Murphy, Tara Flynn, Peter Daly and Veronica Dyas; an astounding immersive exhibition from Eamonn Doyle/Niall Sweeney/David Donohoe; an incendiary talks series curated by Willie White of Dublin Theatre Festival; a one-off concert from The High Hopes Choir, Ireland’s first homeless choir; WERKHOUSE – a night of performance, poetry and politics; and City on Screen – a day of screenings of excellent Irish-made films that resonate with the themes of the programme, each introduced by one of the key artists involved.
We are seeking Interns in the following areas:
- Marketing & Publicity
- Production Management
- Company Management & Administration
This is an incredible opportunity to join a team of dedicated, professional, creative and wellconnected arts and entertainment sector leaders. We’re looking for individuals who have drive, ambition, initiative and buckets of cop-on to fill these important roles.
The right candidates are passionate about art and supporting artists as they make exceptional theatre, create incredible events and take audiences on artistic adventures.
Candidates for all areas should have the following attributes:
- Strong interest in a broad range of events, and the arts, preferably with experience in these fields and an interest in pursuing a career in marketing/producing/production/company management
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent and demonstrable organisational skills
- Ability to manage your time effectively
- Ability to work well as part of a dynamic team
Is this you?
Get in touch and send us your CV and 500 words telling us what area you are interested in and why, with WHERE WE LIVE INTERN in the subject line – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 10 January 2018
Interviews will take place during the week of 15 January 2018 and the internship will commence the week of 22 January until the 23 March 2018.
Terms and conditions of the Roles:
- Positions based predominantly in our office on Strand Street and The Complex for the technical rehearsal and run.
- Flexible hours, 2-3 days per week, with the exception of the technical rehearsal and event dates (March 2018) when extra hours will be required to support the workload.
We are committed to providing support for carrying out the position. A small stipend will be provided to cover expenses.