We are looking for a dynamic, highly engaged Intern to work with THISISPOPBABY in the run up to our next production, RIOT.
RIOT, the jaw-dropping, international smash-hit sensation is back!
Thrilling, exhilarating, uplifting and utterly unique – RIOT will set hearts soaring and pulses racing once more during this very limited homecoming run in Vicar St in May 2019.
A disorderly cocktail of wild theatre, gut-punching spoken word, banging jigs, slapstick comedy and eye-popping circus, RIOT has left audiences around the globe dazzled, dizzy and ready to change the world. Infusing the magic of theatre with the excitement of variety and the energy of the dance floor, it’s your big night out, with a delicious twist.
So meet the RIOT family at the barricades once more for a night of wild theatre, thumping tunes, slapstick comedy and jaw-droppingly sexy circus. Featuring Panti, Lords of Strut, Kate Stanley Brennan, Up & Over It, Ronan Brady, Alma Kelliher, Adam Matthews, Nicky Kavanagh, Megan Riordan and a surprise special guest each night with frocks by James David Seaver, guest writing by Eileen Walsh and set design by Niall Sweeney. Directed by Phillip McMahon and Jennifer Jennings.
We are seeking an intern in:
- Marketing and Producing
This is an incredible opportunity to join a team of dedicated, professional, creative and well-connected arts and entertainment sector leaders. We’re looking for an individual who has drive, ambition, initiative and buckets of cop-on to fill this important role.
The right candidate is passionate about art and supporting artists as they make exceptional theatre, create incredible events and take audiences on artistic adventures.
Candidate should have the following attributes:
- Strong interest in festivals and arts marketing, preferably with an interest in pursuing a career in arts/film marketing
- Digitally savvy and ahead of the curve on all digital and social opportunities
- A digital native, with personal or professional presence across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Proven experience in devising and creating engaging social content
- Fluent in English
- Excellent visual communication skills
- A detailed knowledge of the tools available to create and analyse social content
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in Google office platforms
- Excellent and demonstrable organisational skills
- Ability to manage your time effectively including the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of a dynamic team in an office environment and off-site on content creation
Duties to include (but not limited to)
- Content creation for social media accounts
- Creating schedules for interviews, filming requirements and content creation for show talent
- Scheduling and time management of social calendar
- Adapting received assets in line with brand guidelines
- Assist in delivery of sponsor-associated social content
- Weekly/responsive content creation in line with sales figures
- Creating content for online campaigns across official partners
- Assist in coordinating events including co-ordination of social media, website, newsletters
- Assisting the producer day to day on specific tasks relating to the team, venue and liaising between cast and PR manager.
- Assisting RIOT stage manager including prop coordination and rehearsal room coordination and management
- General Adhoc Administration duties
Is this you?
Get in touch and send us your CV and 500 words telling us why you would be the right fit for this position, with THISISPOPBABY INTERN in the subject line – email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 15 March 2019
Interviews will take place during the week of 18 March 2019 and the internship will commence the week of Monday 25 March for 6 weeks until Saturday 6 May.
Terms and conditions of the Roles:
- Positions based predominantly in our office on Strand Street.
- Flexible hours, 5 half days per week.
We are committed to providing support for carrying out the position. A small stipend will be provided to cover expenses, and we will work with the successful candidate to try to ensure that personal objectives for the internship are achieved.
Here’s what some of our previous interns have to say about interning with POPBABY:
Carla Rogers – Producing and Marketing Intern – RIOT 2017
I loved being a THISISPOPBABY intern! The internship was tailored to my own interests and I felt like a valued member of the core team from Day 1. I had great mentors, gained experience in marketing, producing, and admin, made lots of new connections and had a lot of fun and now I work for POPBABY on an ongoing basis as an Associate Producer!
John Dennehy – Producing and Marketing Intern – I Am Tonie Walsh, Nov/Dec 2018
I would highly recommend interning with THISISPOPBABY. They are dynamic and driven with an unparalleled company culture. I learned more in my 7 weeks shadowing Philly, Jenny and Natalie than I have in 2 years freelancing.
TIPB were not only conscious of providing me with a space to train but also made me feel like a valued and important part of the team over the internship. They asked my opinions, used my ideas and gave me resources to bring those ideas to life. They make work that is intersectional and high octane, every day in the TIPB office is a pure buzz. There are always new ideas being developed, new people to meet and new challenges to tackle.
Although they work extremely hard as a company, they also know how to have a good time and put an emphasis on work being enjoyable. If you’re quick on your feet and ready to work hard then this is the internship for you. Oh and I’m going to get to work with them again as I’ve been hired to work with TIPB as their Assistant Stage Manager on their upcoming show RIOT in Vicar Street in May 2019, I can’t wait to work with the team again!
Cathal Sheerin – Producing and Marketing Intern – Where We Live, March 2018
My internship with THISISPOPBABY was an amazing experience. I had the opportunity to learn and experience many new aspects of running a theatre company and a festival. Throughout my time I was encouraged to engage with and experience as much of the Where We Live Festival as possible – from working with artists, assisting the producers, organising events and working on my own initiative. Everyone was helpful, kind, generous and friendly. It was a fantastic place to intern.
Jennifer Aust – Producing and Marketing Intern – Where We Live 2018
THISISPOPBABY was a brilliant company to work with as an intern on the WHERE WE LIVE festival. They generated a really creative working environment where I felt trusted with responsibility, encouraged to push myself and my skillset, but was always supported in what I was learning. It was a great way to meet artists, engage with projects that were exciting to me and learn more about what it takes to produce fabulous theatre in Ireland.