We are looking for a dynamic, highly engaged Intern to work with us in the run up to our next production, I Am Tonie Walsh 2018.
I AM TONIE WALSH is presented by THISISPOPBABY at Project Arts Centre from 27th November – 1st December 2018. I Am Tonie Walsh is a powerful new show about active citizenship, creativity over consumption, and community. It’s a call to action about standing up for what is right – and being fabulous while doing so.
Tonie Walsh has been making a show of himself his whole life. He has thrown Dublin’s most seminal parties, from Flikkers to Elevator to H.A.M. He came second place in the inaugural Alternative Miss Ireland in 1987, and has even stood for election at local and national level. The city is his playground and his stage.
Known as Ireland’s Godfather of Gay, Tonie Walsh is a living legend. For decades he has fought tirelessly for civil rights – for housing rights, women’s rights, and queer rights – while the country changed around him. Legendary DJ, club impresario, historian, activist and master storyteller; Tonie tells the story of Ireland’s seismic social change from someone who has lived through it, gloriously, after dark. And he’s here to tell us why there’s still fire in his belly.
We are seeking an intern in:
- Company Management & Administration
This is an incredible opportunity to join a team of dedicated, professional, creative and well connected arts and entertainment sector leaders. We’re looking for an individual who has drive, ambition, initiative and buckets of cop-on to fill this important role.
The right candidate is passionate about art and supporting artists as they make exceptional theatre, create incredible events and take audiences on artistic adventures.
• Strong interest in a broad range of events, and the arts, preferably with experience in these fields and an interest in pursuing a career in marketing/producing/production/company management
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent in English
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent and demonstrable organisational and administration skills
• Ability to manage your time effectively
• Ability to work well as part of a dynamic team
Is this you?
Get in touch and send us your CV and 500 words telling us why you would be the right fit for this position, with THISISPOPBABY INTERN in the subject line – email@example.com
Deadline for applications:
21 September 2018
Interviews will take place during the week of 24 September 2018 and the internship will commence the week of 1 October until the 1 December 2018.
Terms and conditions of the Role:
• Position based predominantly in our office on Strand Street.
• Flexible hours, 3 – 5 days per week, with the exception of the technical rehearsal and event dates (November/ December 2018) when extra hours may be required to support the workload.
We are committed to providing support for carrying out the position. A small stipend will be provided to cover expenses.