We are looking for a part-time freelance bookkeeper for a minimum of one half day per week, increasing at points throughout the year in line with production and organisational needs.
The right candidate will have minimum 3 years experience in a bookkeeping/ accounts assistant position; good familiarity of the arts and entertainment industries; a high level of proficiency in both excel and QuickBooks (or similar accounts programme), is reliable, meticulous, a strong communicator and a great team member.
We are looking for an experienced part-time freelance Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable, meticulous, committed to meeting deadlines and a great team member.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the inputting of creditor and debtor invoicing, receipts, payments and petty cash in TIPB accounting software – QuickBooks Online
- Process a payment run for outstanding invoices/payroll on a weekly basis from Bank of Ireland Business Online Banking
- Reconcile the bank on a monthly basis
- Produce profit and loss and project summary reports for different productions as required by the company
- Raise invoices, as required
- Lodge cash, as required
- Provide an income update on a weekly basis in order to follow up on outstanding creditors
- Prepare individual Arts Council project grants for review and sign off by an outside accountant as required to draw down final instalments of funds
- Work closely with General Manager on creating, communication, and maintaining excellent systems for maintaining online and paper records to support TIPB financial activity
- Prepare TIPB books for review at year end and ensure that all financial records are accurate and timely for the preparation of year-end financial statements by outside accountant
- Prepare bi-monthly VAT returns and other returns as required by Revenue, in conjunction with the General Manager
- Assist with preparation of budgets and management accounts by generating reports from QuickBooks as required and ensure that any discrepancies are reported immediately
- Represent the company – our ethos, brand, principles and philosophies – as required
- Participate in any related meetings/briefings and outline your recommendations and suggestions based on your experience to continually improve TIPB financial systems
- Communicate any concerns or issues that may arise during the course of your activities with TIPB in a timely manner to ensure a resolution is arrived at promptly
- Any other reasonable financial additional duties that may be assigned to you by the Company from time to time
- Financial qualification desired but not essential
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping practices and generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Strong numerical ability
- Minimum three years experience working in a similar role
- High proficiency in Excel and Office
- Good proficiency in QuickBooks or similar accounting software
We are a busy and dynamic theatre and events production company based in Dublin, Ireland. Primary activities are creating and touring theatre performances around Ireland and the world, organising legendary art parties and curating festival programmes.
We specialise in creating new contexts for live performance, and bringing new audiences to theatre and the arts. We are passionate about explosive multidisciplinary experiences, extraordinary new writing and amplifying outsider voices.
The company, founded by Jennifer Jennings and Phillip McMahon, is twelve years old. Artistically, we are passionate about originality, transformation, collaboration, community, entertainment, integrity and making great art.
Our team values include fairness, adaptability, ingenuity, tolerance, honesty, reliability and professionalism.
This is a part time freelance role for a minimum of one half day per week, increasing at points throughout the year in line with production and organisational needs. Commencing ASAP.
The role is based at THISISPOPBABY office in Dublin 1 and remuneration dependent on experience.
Is this you? Get in touch and send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications 15 March 2019.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 1st April.